This recipe is a great base for a variety of muffins. It’s incredibly easy, fast and make the perfect snack or on the go breakfast. My boyfriend loves these and I guarantee your little ones will too! The recipe is incredibly forgiving and you can add, substitute and reduce many of the ingredients to your liking. Take a look at the photo gallery above to see photos of all the steps!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 – 25 minutes
Yields: 12 Medium sized muffins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon (add more or less to taste, optional but I love lots!)
1 tsp nutmeg (add more or less to taste, optional)
1/4 cup oil (adds moisture, the zucchini also adds ton)
1 1/2 – 2 cups grated zucchini (the more you add the more loose your batter becomes!)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚f or 175˚C
2. In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg).
3. In a separate bowl mix your eggs and oil, then stir into the dry ingredients.
4. Fold in grated zucchini (I sometimes also add in chocolate)
5. Pour batter into a muffin tray coated with cooking spray (or fill with liners). I used pink silicone muffin liners from Ikea, they stand alone on a baking tray and do not need to be coated with oil!
6. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!